Gatherwell is the winner of Lotteries Council
“Lottery Operator of the Year 2019”
Why launch a council lottery?
How A Council Lottery Works
- Local good causes sign up to the lottery and get their own webpage
- Good causes then encourage their supporters to buy tickets online
- People pay £1 per ticket per week, and choose the cause they want to support
- Players are encouraged to make recurring monthly payments, generating stable income for causes
- Gatherwell conducts the draw every Saturday night, and notifies the winners
- With your approval, we distribute the funds to your local good causes every month
Where Does The Money Go?
60% of ticket price is donated to good causes in the local community*
20% makes up the cash prizes players can win each week
17% goes towards the boring stuff like admin and running costs
3% VAT (you can claim this back)
Create A Central Fund
What Are The Prizes?
Your local authority lottery will offer players an exciting range of weekly cash prizes as well as a 1 in a million chance of winning the £25k jackpot. We also provide regular non-cash prizes to incentivise people to play. Gatherwell manages the prize fund and any associated insurance, so the council is not exposed to any risk.